Fadra over at AllThingsFadra has changed up the Stream of Conciousness Sunday link and is now offering prompts for the week. This weeks prompt grabbed me, and as it’s the first day of a very new year, it’s as perfect a post as any – so here goes:
I look forward to the changes you’ll bring. I know you’ll throw challenges and adventures our way. I’m sure we’ll have some laughs and some tears and probably some arguements too. This is ok – I’ll take what you throw, but if you’d be ever so kind, there are a few aspects of our world that I would love to keeop, to hold onto a little while longer.
1) The giggles I have with my son: I’m trying hard to be Mum, learning how to take on this role. Laughing with him is one thing I’m good at. We learn through those giggles, we bond and come closer and get through sticky points too. The role of M’s Mum is inevitably going to become harder this year as he grows into a more independent being wanting to do his own thing – I pray that even in the toughest moments these changes will bring that our playfull loving giggles can help us get through.
2) The way we shop for food: In 2011 we stopped buying fruit and veg in the main shops instead choosing bazaars and local vendors. Though we don’t always make it, we’ve tried hard to buy fresh and local and I hope in 2012 we’ll improve upon this and make all vegetables local, seasonal and organic.
3) The headway I have made speaking Turkish. It’s not perfect but it’s a lot more fluent than it was. Please God don’t let me hit another brick…I like the jogging momentum I’ve got.
4) M’s birth and 2011 as a whole brought a new perspective to relationships…those with family and with friends. I learnt a lot the past year..most importantly, to look forward not back. I’d like to keep hold of this feeling.
5) This blog has grown in 12 months and instead of being somewhere I’d come to haphazardly, is now somewhere I retreat into regularly..it holds a lot of me. InshAllah 2012 will keep seeing its pages fill up ‘cos I kind of like it here now.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
* Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
* Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
* Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
* Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
* Link up your post below.
* Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.