As M once again laughed as we waved bye to my family in the UK and closed down the computer, I realised that so much of M’s comprehansion of family comes from these conversations conducted via skype. Today when Mum and I started our conversation, M was asleep in his wrap. When he woke up, there was no surprise on his face to see Mummy sitting talking to Grandma through a screen; he just smiled as if to say “hi there!” Living in a box behind a screen is normal to him.
I wonder if his comprehension that other people live in a box will be a help or a hindrance in differenciating between their life and ours? You know when you watch a movie and the fairy lights look so much brighter than any you’ve seen in real life – will their lights glow so brightly? In M’s world people may well live in boxes but they step in and out of them, too….Will he understand why we refuse him his tree?
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
* Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
* Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
* Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
* Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
* Link up your post below.
* Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.